Ok, well I had my follow up appointment today- I was literally in and out of the exam room in about 2 minutes. He pulled off the outer bandage, said it looked good (I still have tape directly on my skin over the incision) he told me to just leave that uncovered and wait for the tape to peel off on its own. Asked if I had any pain- I said not really. Then he opened the door to leave- I said - Wait, am I allowed to... he cut me off and said NO! you are NOT allowed to do anything for 8 more weeks. Nothing but walking. You will be a "woman of leisure". No housekeeping (sad huh?) no picking up the kiddo still, no running, swimming, hiking, anything. If I'm good for 8 more weeks then he will release me-
So, I hope Ashlyn will still love me by then. That means I will not have been able to pick her up for like over 10 weeks!!! holy cow, I'm a sucky MOM! Sheesh.
Oh well- this is a very humbling experience. I've never had to rely on other people so much. I need help doing everything- and am appreciating the people who are doing stuff to take some of the load off Scott.
My next appointment is in May- the day we were supposed to be leaving for our annual trip to Minnesota to visit Scott's family- so that trip is going to be altered a tad, but, we'll figure it out. We have to get out there so Ashlyn can meet her Grandpa and Aunts and Uncle! For anyone following the news lately- Fargo, where they are experiencing record breaking flooding of the Red River- is exactly where we will be going. Glad we weren't planning on a March trip!
I was debating putting up a picture of my back- Scott said it might be too gross to post, but tell me what you think...
2 months ago

3 comments:
Oh, that would be awful! 10 weeks of not getting to pick up your baby!? I'm so sorry! At least you are healing. And if it's any consulation, kids forget a lot!
Hey - I say take advantage of not doing anything for a while. And please no gross pictures. I have a weak stomach. If you still feel like you want to post it, just give me a warning at the beginning of the post.
I agree, take advantage of having an excuse to chill out!! Get well soon!
Post a Comment