Well, I am getting better every day. It has officially been a week since my surgery and I can walk and get around slowly. It's a little tricky getting in and out of seats, esp. in cars- and walking up a hill is a bit scary (I have to have someone behind me in case my legs stop working) but, all in all- I'm doing pretty well.
Ashlyn is doing great- she has finally accepted taking a bottle- she actually loves her pink milk now (what kid wouldn't love a little strawberry milk huh???!) She is getting on a schedule and looks forward to nap time with Mommy- I look forward to it too- I've been needing naps more and more this week. I'm exhausted and I have barely lifted a finger around this place!
Next week will be a different story- Scott got back here (to Vegas) tonight and we will head home to Cedar Sunday. I'll be alone during the day when he's working, but he'll be taking care of us all when he is home at night. We have a few tricks up our sleeve to get the basics done- such as changing diapers and getting Ashlyn dressed- I've pretty much helped her master climbing on and off the couch and bed so I can stand or get on my knees and reach her- since I can't bend forward at waist. Some of the most simple tasks are pretty tricky- I can't put a bib around her neck while she is in her high chair... but, I guess that won't matter at home, because I can't even put her IN her high chair. LOL! :)
Oh lord- this ought to be REALLY interesting!! I'll keep you all posted on what fun each day brings to us this next week. I have promised my Mom that if it is too much or too hard I will come back down the following week- but, I have to give it a try- I miss my husband!!! And I KNOW he is missing his girls!
My parents have been totally awesome this past week! I will never be able to repay them for how much they give to me and my family! It's nice to know that I can ALWAYS count on them- they will never let us down.
On another note- looks like we will be putting our house back up for sale and trying once again to get back to Vegas- it's just too hard to be away from this place! We need help- and there is none in Cedar (no offense Aunt Lin or Katie- I love you guys, and appreciate your help!)
So, in a nutshell- that is this weeks update- I will try to post tomorrow some pics of Ashlyn- since I am now the 27 year old who looks 87! (with my walker and all!) I hope to not see a camera in the near future! But, since my kid is so cute- I'll put her picture up!
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment