Ok, so, once again I'm on here asking for prayers. My mom has had an emergency- her retina detached in her right eye and they had to do emergency surgery to try and save her eye and sight. The surgery went well- but for the next 7 days (24 hours a day) she has to lay face down- there is an air bubble that they put into her eye. when she lays flat it floats up and puts pressure against the retina to the back of the eye- after 7 days of this, sufficient scar tissue should form to hold the eye back in place. So- its very critical right now, she needs healing prayers!!! Obviously it is not very comfortable to keep your head down literally 24- 7! Luckily a friend brought over a massage table that she can try to lay on for a change of pace- but it will keep her in the correct position. I wanted to rush back to Vegas (we just got home Sunday night from being down there for 10 days at Christmas) but, the consensus is that it might be too distracting with Ashlyn there right now while she is trying to get settled into a routine with all this. So, as of now, I'll be heading back down Monday to help take care of some household chores for the remainder of next week. I'm so worried about her- I'm a wreck, being almost 200 miles away doesn't help set my mind at ease. But, this is SOO serious- I know I have to put her first. WHATEVER WILL help her is what I have to do, even if that means staying away for a little bit. I love her and am asking for prayers from everyone I know right now. She pretty much only has 1 chance to get this healed correctly- and I'm sorry, but I want her to be able to SEE her grandkids as they grow!!!
I didn't even have time to come home and post about how much fun our Christmas was before a major tragedy had to hit. What the hell??? I guess I probably won't get around to that- with the issures currently at hand...
I'm so ready for 2009 to bring something better to our family then 2008. Ashlyn was the ONLY blessing in 08- between deaths, emergencies, dr visits, jobs, finances... I'm so ready for a change!
2 months ago

2 comments:
Thank you for the sweet comment. I truly am sorry about your crappy
'08. The only thing good about a HORRIBLE time is that it HAS to get better! I will pray for you and your Mom. I'm sure it will comfort her a great deal to know you are there for her.
Wow, your poor mom. What is next?? You guys are so strong. It does seem like you are getting one big tragedy after another. I will definitely be praying for her and you. Also, I don't know if you would even want to take me up on this but if you wanted to come down earlier to be with your mom, Claire would love a little friend to play with. Just a thought! :-)
Post a Comment