Ok, so I ended up coming down Saturday afternoon- I couldn't take being away when I knew she needed me. So- I'm here at her house for the next week or so.
She is healing a little more everyday- but, that means that her eye is hurting more and very itchy as it heals. What they did during the surgery was 1- put a gas filled air bubble into her eye ball- that is why she must lay face down 24/7, so that will float to the top (back of her eye)... 2- they made slits in her eye ball all the way around, like belt loops- then placed a clear band through- to literally belt her eyeball into place and keep it secure.
As you can imagine this is very uncomfortable- when I got into town her eye was so swollen that her face looked lob-sided. Since saturday the swelling has gone down MAJORLY. but, she is so frustrated and in pain, it truly is breaking my heart. She can't do ANYTHING by herself- she needs help to lay down, sit up, eat, shower, you name it.
Ashlyn has been pretty good since we've been here- a few temper tantrums- but that is expected of an 11 1/2 month old...which btw- HOLY CRAP my baby will be 1 in 2 weeks!!! YIKERS. anyhow- it's been very good distraction for my mom- its also reminding her of how many great things she has to look forward to. She is the strongest person I know. I'm not sure I could do this- I hope I never have to find out!
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes, thoughts, and prayers- they are being felt and are greatly appreciated. Her next appointment is Thursday- so I'll update you after that.
2 months ago

5 comments:
you are a good daughter. I prayed for your family, and I hope it helps? Phoenix's 2nd b-day is the 21st. When is Ahlyn's?
Hang in there, I know things will get better. :)
Ashlyn will be 1 on Jan 20th. I can not believe how fast this year has flown by!!!
Thanks for the prayers- we ALL really appreciate them.
My prayers are with you! It is awful to have something like that happen, I hope your mom feels better soon.
I love your mom. I can't even imagine what she's going htrough right now. I hope that things continue to improve for her.
I am so glad things are going a little better. I know that seems a little oxy-moron with all she is going through right now, but it is also so nice to see progress. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Post a Comment