Monday, January 19, 2009

OMG- my Baby is 1

Well, I truly can NOT believe that it has been a year since Ashlyn was born. It took so long to get pregnant- then those 9 months seemed to last forever... Here I am 1 year exactly from my due date- Tomorrow we will celebrate her 1st birthday. I'll confess I've broken out into tears at least 3 or 4 times when I really sit and think about how amazing she is and how quick she is growing. She does NOT seem like my baby anymore. She is walking and talking (or so she thinks with the high pitched screams and babbling). She is a total girl- loves putting on her "pretties" (which is chapstick or lipgloss). Loves purses and jewelry.... then again, she is a toughy too. She loves to climb on everything- she loves being outside, playing with the dogs- she is so many amazing things to Scott and I. It seems crazy that she is getting so big. So- in honor of her birthday- I'm going to post some pictures from her 1st year... ENJOY!

4 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!

Time flies with kids. Don't take any of it for granted. Before you know it, they are teaching you things.

I love that she is split right down the middle with her pretty/ tough. That's how I think every girl should be. Oh yeah, I think she has your eyes.

Annie said...

Way cute!! It is always crazy to me to have my girls grow up. Shelby is already 2 and Libby is already 5 months! Your little Ashlyn is adorable and I love the picture tribute!

Emily B said...

Happy Birthday, Ashlyn! Kids do grow up way too fast.

Jessi McCall said...

Happy B-day to Ashlyn! Hope it was a good one. :) I am heart broken that my "baby" is two! I'm glad your Mom's getting better.