So, anyone who considers themself a religous person and my friend- please pray for me. My daughter was born in January- I'm still nursing her. Since I have breastfed so long- my body and my period have been a little whacky. I finally started having a period the end of September- then 5 weeks later I started again. Then about 3 weeks later (thanksgiving) I started again... and then about 1 week later (saturday night) I started again... Sunday I started to lose SO much blood (I'm trying to not be too gross about it, but, it was A LOT!) it did slow down a little bit through Sunday night and into Monday but, I knew it wasn't normal. I called my Dr office yesterday morning- didn't get to speak to a nurse until around 4 pm. At that time she told me that I should have already gone to the ER for the amount of blood loss. Well- we don't have insurance, so I'm not real keen on rushing into the hospital for everything. So, they said they would squeeze me in at the end of day so I can be seen. So, Scott comes home from work and we go back into town to the dr office...
basically he's saying that he HAS to put me on birth control (which I don't want to do 1- because it will most likely deplete my milk, which means I won't be able to nurse anymore; 2- we tried for 3 years to get pregnant- I'm totally panicked at the idea of going back on the pill, and putting chemicals into my body to prevent a pregnancy) but, the dr said that I don't have a choice. If I continued to bleed like this for 1 or 2 more days I would be in the hospital getting a blood transfusion. He called in 2 prescriptions for me to take, 1 being an iron supplement, they are worried that I will become anemic due to the loss of blood, and the other is a hormone he is trying (before we go to b.c.) to get the bleeding to stop. I am to call him today and go back today if there isn't a significant decrease in flow- which at this point, I havent seen... But I'm praying and hoping and asking for all the extra prayer I can get for God to make a miracle happen. I'm so scared- I'm so mad at myself- I'm depressed and freaked out about how many more bills were going to have after this idiotic fiasco. They had to do blood testing$$, my visit was 100+, my stupid prescriptions were 107, if I go back they will do an ultrasound- all I can hear are cha-ching. and I know I shouldn't even think about that, but I can't help it.
And the icing on the cake of this is that during this appt- which was last minute (so we pretty much just jumped in the car to go to) it started snowing (which I've been totally ready and excited for) and we were driving back and forth across town in the snow, my daughter didn't have warm enough clothes on- I felt horrible. We drove by 3 cars on the way home that had driven off the road.
I was totally in tears from the time we were waiting for the dr to come in-
I hate Dec 8th! last year I went into the hospital for kidney stones- I thought I was going into early labor on Dec 8th. It is just a horrible day
2 months ago

4 comments:
Oh man, I am soooo sorry for your bad day. I hope it all works out ok for you in the end! Take care of yourself and listen to the doctors. And don't feel bad about having Ashlyn in the cold, we've ALL been caught off guard before, don't beat yourself up so bad!
Oh Christa, I am so sorry!! I can't even imagine how bad you must be stressing. I wait until the last minute to go into the doctor even with insurance because it's just always too much. But no matter what, your health and life are way more important than any money and this is one of those times!
Have they told you why you are losing so much blood? Also, as far as the nursing goes, when I was nursing Mason they put me on a birth control that wasn't as potent and I still nursed for the next four months. It dried up a little but not like the others do. So maybe you can still nurse.
Well I hope it will all work itself out but I will definitely be praying for you. Keep us posted! :-)
I hope everything works out, Christa. We'll be thinking about you and praying for you.
Christa!! I am sorry that it seems like life has been extra rough on you!! I was so depressed when I stopped nursing too!! I dreid up at five months because of going back to work...I really wished I could have broken my military contract because I felt like less of a mother not being able to nurse!! I know that we were not super close but I hope you know that I think you are a wonderful person...I read all of your prayer requests and always think that you are the kindest, most caring person I know!! Keep your head up and always know that if you need anything you can always call.
Post a Comment