Wednesday, January 28, 2009

she's a walker

Ok- as if my last post wasn't hard enough to write about- my baby turning 1. Well, she is now officially walking. (tear tear) I'll admit that we have encouraged her to practice, especially between Scott and I, a few feet maybe. Well- during the day yesterday, she twice just turned from what she was doing and took off. I was in shock- there was no coaxing her or holding out hands just out of reach. I was so excited I called Scott at work to tell him- I think he thought I was losing it, but in a way, I kind of was...
Last night, Scott was putting his hat on her head and she was laughing and being really silly and she just turned around and completely walked across the room- we turned to eachother and our eyes got big. Then, she turns around and walks all the way back!!! So, maybe his hat was magic- or maybe she is just getting sick of crawling. Either way, it was completely 100% adorable- and made me tear up once again- gosh I'm such an emotional nerd!
And just as an update to anyone who has been following my saga... I've been on the pill for a whole month now- and guess what, I still have milk! So, maybe it won't dry up after all.
my Mom is also doing really well- she calls herself a pirate since she can only see out of 1 eye still, but she is healing nicely.

3 comments:

Julie T. said...

Time just seems to fly by when you have kids! Before you know it she will be five like my little girl! CRAZY!
I hope 2009 brings you great blessings:)

Jessi McCall said...

I'm happy that things are geting better for you and your Mom. Be grateful for Ashlyn walking, my poor Phoenix was 14 or 15 months old, and we practically FORCED her to do it. haha :)

Liz Prisbrey said...

YAY! Congratulations Ashlyn!! Walking is such a bitter sweet moment. Yes, you are happy that she is progressing and learning, but all of a sudden she's not your baby anymore. That first year just flies by! Now, let's get some video of that walking. :-)

I am so glad things are going better for you and your mom. That's awesome! But I never doubted. :-)