Thursday, January 14, 2010

Please Pray


For anyone who isn't my FB friend, or hasn't been on my page on there for the past week- My cousin and his wife just welcomed a baby boy- David Benaiah B. into the world 1/11/2010.

Veronica had severe hemorrhaging after delivery and was teetering on needing a transfusion for 2 days. She was very weak and had a few blackouts (thankfully my cousin Jimmy was there to catch her before her head hit the ground)... anyhow, she is finally starting to feel better- her blood/ platelet levels have gone back up to normal and she was released from the hospital yesterday.


Little David was not sent home... There are a few issues that we are praying will be taken care of very soon! First off, he is not learning to eat or suck on his own. He has a feeding tube in place and will not be able to go home until he learns to do this sufficiently. There are a few other things that are being checked out (it's really not my place to announce, so in respect to them, I'm not) some of these tests will not have results for approx 2-3 weeks.


On a positive note- they did an ultrasound of his heart, and it looks 100% normal and healthy. So, we are all celebrating every bit of good news that we can get at this point. Every praise will be shouted from the hilltops.


My cousin is very stressed a work (he manages a place where there are many workers) and started back to school this Monday, so he has already fallen behind on classes/ work since he hasn't got to any of his classes yet dealing with being at th hospital and trying to take care of his sick wife and baby.


Anybody who reads this post and considers themself a friend of mine or religous person- I just ask that you will pray for God to have favor on their entire family. We need healing, wisdom, courage, strength, and guidance for this new situation. I'm sad that they haven't got t experience the "typical" highs of becoming new parents. Reality has been a little harsh and they are amazing people that will take everything in stride and I know that GOD chose them 2 together to be the perfect parents for little David. He is already such an amazing blessing to our family.


Thank you and I will keep you posted. If you want to keep up to date you can email me at bellwinans@msn.com



1 comment:

Liz Prisbrey said...

I'm sorry this is happening! I have been keeping them in my prayers.