Friday, January 1, 2010

2010! but first a review...

Ok so let me just recap 2009...
12/31/2008- My Mom is rushed into emergency surgery for a detached retina in her eye. She had to spend 7 days straight laying face down 24 hours a day. She did it and is healing very nicely.

1/20/2009- Ashlyn turned 1 year old! Due to my Mom's eye- we postponed the party and celebrated on Feb 7th.
2/23/2009- Scott turned 33 years old... sheesh- did he rob the cradle with me or what?! haha j/k babe!

3/12/2009- I was rushed to Vegas for emergency surgery on my back- severely herniated disc. The WORST pain I have ever been in- unimaginable and horrifying! 2 nights in the hospital- quit nursing Ashlyn cold turkey. I am healing very well :)
4/2/2009- Scott gets laid off from his job in Cedar... in an effort to keep this post PG rated I will not write down what I think of his former bosses... we put our house up for sale.
had a huge family reunion with my Mom's family.
5/20/2009- ROAD TRIP to Minnesota- Scott's family was able to meet Ashlyn for the first time. We had a great time visiting Uncle Mike, Auntie Annette, and Snookie and Papa Jerry. We were in the car for a total of over 53 hours. We drove through Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. We stopped on the way there and went to Mt Rushmore- something I've wanted to do my whole life! It was really a great trip!

house was still up for sale.
June 2009- Scott found a job in Vegas (although we were still living in Utah) we started commuting back and forth 2-3 times per week... exhausting :( we sold Scott's truck and became a 1 car family. We had to say goodbye to Pugsly. house was put up for short sale...

July 2009- continued commuting back and forth between Vegas and Cedar

August 2009- we moved back to Vegas

September 2009- FINALLY got an offer on our house. Got 3 more offers within a week.
13th, Scott and I celebrated our 6th anniversary- we actually celebrated a couple weeks later when Scott was off work we had a night alone, with no baby :) it was very much needed!

October Ashlyn and I went to our first NHL game with Scott22nd- My cousin Joleen had her son Benjamin. I was there to witness his birth- AMAZING! nothing like emergency C that I had with Ashlyn.

11/11/2009- Drove to Utah for the last time to sign closing docs on our house :) We are DONE with Utah!!!20th was my 28th b-day- we all went to Outback for dinner. It was so nice to be home celebrating with my whole family!

December- joined WeightWatchers, baked 16 different kinds of cookies, celebrated Christmas at least 4 different times, watched my little Ashlyn start to understand what "Santa" is all about...PRICELESS

I am super excited to see what crazy changes will happen for my family in 2010. One good thing about 09, is its already over! Times were stressful (I actually got a few gray hairs) but, now that I look back at everything that happened- where did it all go??? I blinked and now its over.

To start off I am trying to get excited that my baby girl is going to be 2 years old!!! There is no sign of that newborn baby that I carried for 9 months and was anxiously awaiting her arrival this time 2 years ago. She is a big girl- she talks and tells me so herself ;)

Wishing all my friends and family a better year than we've all seen in awhile!

2 comments:

Jessi McCall said...

your Ash does look like my Phoenix used to. She's a cutie.
You're starting 2010 out with a good attitude! Good for you. I'm happy you all survived '09..it was a tough one for ya! Here's to better times this year.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Wow! It's amazing how much can happen in a year. I swear I was just reading about your mom's retina. I don't think 2009 was a good year for anyone. It seems that everyone is glad to see it go. I hope 2010 is a good one! Great post!!