Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NU! YORK! SIDY!

Ok, so Ashlyn and myself had the privilege of visiting the lovely destination New York City. (please note the sarcasm here!) No, the trip wasn't all bad- there were actually some good times... but, for the most part I have to say that I think you must be a crazy person to WANT to live there! We were there for a week, in my opinion that was much too long of a visit. I will spare you all the details and just highlight a few of them that I find noteworthy. Ok here goes-





My little(est) brother got married. The wedding was beautiful- in a lovely old church in Chelsea. Ashlyn was the flower girl :) The cutest one I've ever seen ;) She took her job very seriously.


We saw many of the sights- Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero @ World Trade Center, Wall Street, Central Park, Times Square, public transit system AKA the nasty dirty subway, Empire State Building, Rockafeller Plaza... etc.
It was actually very cool to see all the history and how big things are- but it is a very old city- there are many stairs and no elevators... traveling with a 3 year old in a stroller made things extra exciting (notice again the sarcasm).
We did have a few encounters that were horrifying at the time, yet now I giggle when I think of them. i.e. homeless guy in the subway station at 1am, rushing just to wait, getting snowed on.. I'll never forget these experiences.

We crossed the river over to Hoboken to go see the now famous "Carlos Bakery" from the show Cake Boss- 3 hour wait in freezing temperatures made the group a little grumpy. The cannoli's however- were seriously to die for! YUMMMMMY :)
The rest of this post are just some of the pics of our trip... hope you enjoy seeing them-

1 comment:

Jessi McCall said...

hey. I'm just getting back to blogging. Been checkin' in on others' blogs. So NY was a bust? Bummer!! On the upside of things, Ashlyn is a very cute flower girl and the bride and groom are cute too!! ;) Yay for wedding season.