Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ashlyn update (its been awhile)


Ok, well... She turned 3 in January. She is a total handful.
My day starts with her coming into our room and poking me saying Mommy Mommy Mommy until I open my eyes and acknowledge her (yes this is EVERY single day) When I ask her what she dreamt about her answer is almost always Disneyland.

She bosses me and says- Mom- come in the living room- I want to watch some toons. Usually before I even get the TV on she wants her milT. You get the milt, I'll get the strawberry she tells me. 9 out of 10 days she wants oatmeal for breakfast- but not the kind with sugar Mom, just the plain kind. (which is funny because I make it with cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer, I was out 1 day so I used brown sugar- she hated it. so the "plain" is with creamer).

She sleeps in her own room in her own bed since January- HALLELUJAH!!! ;)

Her vocabulary is astounding- she literally pulls out words that I'm not even sure about. She is super smart. She can write her own name- all by herself. Sometimes the letters are in the wrong order, but they are on the page. She can write A, B, C, D, E, F, H, L, N, S, Y.. counts to 17 and can count backwards from 5-1. She is still about 36 lbs (for over a year). She is over 36" tall.

She LOVES her Disney movies- esp, the princesses and fairies- Cinderella is still her fave though.

Since my Grandma's passing, every few days out of the clear blue- Ashlyn just starts crying and when I ask what's wrong- she says, Grandma Edna is in heaven.... Which always makes me cry too.. Then she has to go get kleenex and wipe both of our tears away. Another random thing she busts out on an almost daily basis- Dear Jesus- can I please have a brother or a sister. (it melts you to see her say this with her hands folded and eyes scrunched close) She said this in the middle of the craft store the other day- I of course told her how sweet that was to say and that I bet it made Jesus very happy to hear her praying for a brother or sister. When I told her that I was praying for her to get a brother or sister also- she screamed- NO, I only want a sister. NOT a brother. (which reminded me that she is indeed 3!) She loves to play outside- literally would spend the ENTIRE day just playing in the dirt, throwing rocks, riding her tricycle- blowing bubbles, anything that is outside. She loves to play hopscotch and is pretty good too. She is a little helper- wants to get her hands in everything- cooking, laundry, dishes, cleaning- its sometimes frustrating when I'm in a hurry- but it is the cutest thing ever. We usually tuck her in her bed and say prayers together as a family- but, on any night we don't do that- she has to crawl into my arms and fall asleep with me holding her... I have to say, I don't mind that ;)

She loves her Daddy- anytime I tell her no, she tells me- well, Daddy always lets me do this.. Even though I know he doesn't always... usually he does let her get away with a lot more. Probably because he is still working 7 days a week, so he doesn't get to spend as much time with her as he wishes he could. She loves to sing and has a big bowl that she turns upside down to stand on for a stage. She pretend plays that shes making us cakes and stuff. She has an imaginary friend named Mr Roseflower- he is very little, she puts him in her pocket and sometimes tells me that "Mr Roseflower" is a girl- so maybe it's actually Mister Roseflower.

She loves to draw pictures- mostly of happy faces- and color. She likes to paint and practice using her scissors. She loves playing dress up and wearing "heel shoes".

LOL... basically what we thought we didn't want (her being a spoiled princess) is pretty much what she is- and you know what? I wouldn't change a thing!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Emily B said...

She looks so grown up in those pictures. She sounds like such a sweet little girl, Christa.

Veronica said...

Christa,

How wonderful is it to have such a smart and beautiful daughter?! You are very blessed! We will be praying also for Ashlyn to have a sister!
I have a question- is that Jeremy in the background sporting a perfect looking chinstap? I think it's him- but I almost don't believe it!
Hope you're doing well, good luck traveling to New York!

Christa said...

Thanks Veronica- she is the biggest blessing and the greatest thing that has ever happened to me :)
Yes thats Jeremy... I couldn't figure out how to rotate the stupid picture. He got a nice SHORT haircut- he looks a TON better!
We're doing well- good luck with the whole adoption process. Kiss David for me xoxo