Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Turkey Week

Ok, so this year for Thanksgiving we hosted 9 of Scotts family members. Yes, plus us that was 12 people under our roof for the holiday. The week started Sunday night with Mom arriving. She was delayed for a few hours leaving Idaho. Monday Scott's brother Mike arrived from Minnesota, he was delayed only about an hour or so. Wednesday we had majority of arrivals- his sister Tammy, and her daughter Jaz and her boyfriend Chase. And Tammy's son Josh. Thursday morning Mike's girlfriend Melissa arrived. And Friday morning Tammy's daughter Chelayne and her fiance Aaron flew in. It was a packed house here- but I think everyone had a great time. The only sibling not able to make the trip was Scott's sis Annette and her daughter April... but, they were very busy back in Minnesota because April gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Sunday morning :). There was lots of visiting, playing Rockband, the game of Things, eating, eating and more eating. Thursday we had a HUGE FEAST.. 2 turkeys (1 oven, 1 deep fried) ham, homemade stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, lefsa, green beans, cranberry- the works. You name it we had it! Friday we headed out to the strip. Since it was a few of the boys 1st time in Vegas. We did the tourist thing- saw the Forum Shops and fountains at Bellagio. They rode the rollercoaster at NYNY. Saturday we all went cosmic bowling. Ashlyn bowled for the 1st time. It was priceless. Sunday morning we had to say goodbye to everyone except Mike and Melissa, they were able to stay until Monday. Sunday night the 5 of us went to the mall and did a little shopping. It was so great to spend time with Scott's family. And seeing Ashlyn get to know her cousins was priceless.
Honestly I have to say that I totally stressed before everyone was here just trying to figure out where everyone would sleep and how we would cook in the electric oven from hell and if we'd have enough hot water- all those kinds of things. But, it was super smooth. There really weren't any issues at all. Everyone was easy going and just had fun. Scott's family is that way- they are very relaxed and easy going... not like my family. But, I guess that's another reason why we work well together. We balance eachother out. I'm high strung, he's not.
I think with all the chaos it wore me down a little bit, I have caught a cold and am quite miserable now, but, if I had to do it over- all the chaos.... I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments: