Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm employed

So, the rollercoaster of Christa's life continues. I got the call about my "abnormal test" last Wednesday. Which prompted my post last week... well, literally, within hours of that post- I received a phone call from Davids Bridal wanting me to come in for an interview, couldn't make it in that day, so I scheduled for Friday. Scott had actually stumbled across a posting on careerbuilder.com while he was searching for jobs for David's. He kind of jokingly told me about it- which I was way interested in. I LOVE weddings!!! Anyhow- I interviewed Friday- thought it went pretty well.. They told me their Dist mgr had to do follow ups with the people they are interested in. Well, they called me back on Saturday and scheduled a follow up with the DM for Monday (today) between 12 and 2. I got a call today around 12:30, had the interview. it went really good and ended with her saying they would probably check references and I should hear something by the end of the week.... WELLLLLLLLLLLL, at 5:25pm (literally 5 hours later) I got a call... I GOT THE JOB! :) wow! Seriously what just happend??!?!?
I have literally gone through such a mix of emotions in the past week. Excitement over a possible pregnancy, Terror over the thought of a serious illness, Shock and Nervousness about interviews, Now the anxiousness over starting a new job and leaving my baby... OMG, here we go again on this rollercoaster.
But, I really feel that God has done this. I prayed before I went into the interview and asked the Lord to make my path very clear, in fact I literally prayed the words "blatantly obvious" as to what I should do. I asked him to not have me in a situation where I would have to make any gut- wrenching decisions... Well, I haven't actually had to decide anything- I literally just went with the oppertunites that were thrown in my lap and "ta da" here we go. So- we are still proceeding forward with all our "family addition plans" and we will see where it takes us. But I know me working PT will take a little pressure off Scott. I love him and I'm so grateful that I've been given this time at home with Ashlyn. I have been home for almost 3 years now (since I was 6 months pregnant) I know most people aren't given such a blessed oppertunity as I have been given with my baby. I don't take any of it for granted! I love my family. We have suffered some hardships and had many ups and downs over the past few years. But I wouldn't trade 1 single day with my family. I am the luckiest girl in the world! Every single sacrifice is worth it.
Stay tuned for the drama to unfold with me... its never a dull moment around here :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! Keep me posted on the job and everything.