LOL... OMG, the irony continues in my rollercoaster life. So here goes-
well, I started the job.. so far so good. I worked Wed, Thurs, Fri,(with the store mgr training me- she had 1 1/2 weeks vacation starting the next day, so my training was taken over by the Asst Mgr) and Sat (a full shift) I had to do a lot of cleaning and straightening things out that night. When I finished working- my back was in really bad shape! I was having very vivid flashbacks of the days right before my surgery. Sharp shooting pains that take your breath away, I picked up Ashlyn from my brothers house and broke down into tears. I couldn't help it. Well, that night Scott told me to just go in and quit- its not worth the risk of hurting my back if the job will require that much physical labor. I don't like to quit things, so I instead decided to talk to the asst mgr and just see if this is something we can work out. The cleaning list at night is straightening/organizing ALL dresses, vaccuuming the whole store, straightening malybe 300 boxes of shoes, cleaning all the mirrors on 35 fitting rooms, and cleaning some other things. Well that night I had done 1/2 the wedding dresses and all the shoes, plus some vaccuuming and mirrors. I asked if maybe it was possible since I have back problems, to adjust the chores- I could do ALL the vaccuuming and mirrors and maybe all the bridesmaid dresses (which arent hanging in bags that you have to bend to the floor to straighten out. Well, the Asst mgr basically went all ghetto on me and started weaving her head around and shaking her hand and all kinds of nonesense. Then she literally shut off and totally gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the day. So obviously that didn't go over well.
The following day, I went in with a fresh attitude and was hoping that she might of just had a bad day... NOPE! She was actually MORE rude the next day. I would ask her questions from my training manual and she wouldnt talk to me- just turn her head away from me and say MmmmHmmm. Well- when you are only getting Mmmhmmm's and you are literally running out of days to learn how to do everything it gets very discouraging. Also remember that I'm leaving my baby to do this, obviously even harder.
Fast forward, I come in the next day and ask what should I work on today- tell her we've skipped all the observing, shadowing and roll playing in the whole manual. Those are the things that I have left- she says show me in the book- ok, so I'm flipping through showing her the pages this and this, then I have this one still- she TURNS AROUND, AND WALKS AWAY- RIGHT OUT THE DOOR, to go to lunch! WHILE we are talking. I'm literally mid sentence and she just leaves. Not even like- oh crap, I'm late for lunch, we'll finish when I get back- NOTHING! I really don't remember feeling that disrespected at work for a long time. I was about 1 issue away from just tossing the book at her and leaving! Her "witchy" attitude continued through that day. Which brings us to Thursday, so at this point I have 1 shift to go (Saturday) before I'm "live" on the floor, on my own, expected to have a minimum of sales for dresses, head pieces, bras, slips, and shoes... I have still NOT even WATCHED 1 customer from start to finish, let alone, feel like I'm ready to do this. I was scheduled at 11- which was when we open. I got to work (probably about 5-10 min before) the door was locked! I am locked outside. So here I am knocking on the door and window to have someone let me in. Nobody is coming- so ok, I think maybe they ahve a a meeting before the doors open or something- nope, at 11.. someone walks out from behind the counter (which is about 5 feet from the door/window that I'm knocking on). She opens the door and as soon as I enter and turn- guess who is standing right there and has been the WHOLE time... Yep, the bi-otch is making me stand outside in the fricken sun and now I'm LATE for my shift because she's too lazy to just let me in. OMG< that was pretty much the last straw. I do not need this kind of BS for a job where I'll make $8.50/ hour! My limit is at least $10, to be treated like total Crap! She set me down at the little desk in front and told me to just sit there, she needed the seat filled while the new Dist Mgr came into the store. I have to say if I wasn't a more classy person- I REALLY wanted to pull the new DM over and give her my 1st impression of what a MESS this place was. But, it didn't seem appropriate to say anything so I kept my mouth shut. But, by the end of that day, clearly there was really no point in me sticking around. I at that point fully understood why there had been a huge turnover of 4 positions in 1 weeks time. Clearly the "management" or lack there of was in utter shambles and I had to beat 2 other employees to the punch at getting out!
That is the quick version of my horrible experience... So all I can say is- if you need a dress... DO NOT go to the location on Marks Street- I would definately recommend traveling to either the 215, or Lake Mead location!
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment