Friday, July 9, 2010

...

I feel like a mess of ideas/worries/excitement/stress... I could go on and on with the descriptives. We have been back in our own place for a few months now- its great. We have had lots of fun having our own family time again. We get to be crazy and run and play and scream and stay up late with Ashlyn (without disturbing my parents). Its awesome.. but, I feel like something is missing. I know the timing is probably not the best- but, I totally am getting baby fever. I am so happy and proud of my big girl. But, its making me realize more and more that she will NEVER be my little tiny baby girl again. That is sad :(
While I'm on the subject of how big and awesome she is- some of her latest accomplishments are: almost being potty trained (she's only had about 6 accidents over the past 2 weeks), she talks and talks and talks. Ashlyn not only tells you what she's thinking, but she tells you what you should think in response to what she tells you! Its insane! There are no fragmented 2 word sentences... a more proper example would be something like, "I'm going to starbucks to get you a framp-acino LITE Mom". Is it totally scary that she can order my drink at 2 years old? yes- and now she has to throw her little hands up on the counter and order herself a scone. OMG, its ridiculously cute- and kind of scary at the same time! haha. Every night we have our little bedtime routine which includes prayers, which she will actually recite now- then we have to sing at least 6 songs- Itsy bitsy spider, twinkle twinkle, you are my sunshine, Jesus loves me, Merrily merrily (row row row your boat), I'm a little teapot, Jesus loves the little children, ABC' are usually her favorites... She told me the other day that I was her best friend ever in her whole life- This kid could write a book on the cutest things to say to your Mom to get what you want. She helps me fold laundry- she is the best washcloth folding 2 year old in the state! She is working really hard on sleeping in her own bed every night and all the way through the night. Which usually ends up with her crawling in with us sometime between 3-6... but, its progress none the less. She is a total girl. Always has to have on "pretties" and wants barrettes or ponytails or headbands in. She pushes her dollys around the house in their stroller constantly. She ALWAYS has shoes on. She loves pretending, dressing up and having tea parties. She is totally into music- loves singing while Daddy plays Rockband. Her favorite movies are Strawberry shortcake and Veggie Tales. She loves to watch her "toons" in the morning when the sun comes up. She loves milk- but she always says, "Hmmmm... somethings missing- I know- chocolate!" Then she opens the fridge and takes the choco syrup out and brings it to us. She loves to watch Dora, Wonderpets, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Yo Gabba Gabba. she knows all her colors and makes sure she points out every single different color we see through out the day- "look Mom, its green like the grass" or "brown like your hair". She knows how to count to 14. Its totally stressful thinking I will forget to write something down in her baby book. I have reminders on my phone and I'm always telling everyone to remind me to write stuff down. We've been working on her swimming, she is doing super good. She is a total PRO with floaties. She knows the name of EVERY person in our whole extended family. She loves reading and lately is telling me everyday- "Mom lets go to the store" she just likes to be out and about and see other people I think. If you ask her if she wants a little brother or sister, her answer changes every time. We are preparing for our big trip to Disneyland in September and we hear about it everyday. "we going to see Mickey (Daisy, Minnie, Goofy, Tinkerbelle- the character changes every time). It is HUGE to her that we say we are "SO proud". Everytime she goes potty we say that- so when she has an accident she says- Mom, you pointed in me? (disappointed) How could I ever be???
NO, I'm so proud and happy- thats why I am ready for another baby!!!

2 comments:

Emily B said...

Good luck, Christa. I hope the getting pregnant thing is better for you guys this time around.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Ashlyn sounds so smart and fun! She is a beautiful little girl. And that's exciting that your thinking about having another. Kids need a sibling. Plus, after the first year, it will make things way easier on you because they will entertain each other.