Wednesday, September 23, 2009

...

I just can't keep up with blogging... I never feel like I have anything worth writing about- but, I enjoy being able to get a glimpse into the current life of my old friends... So, I'm gonna try to keep this going.

Scott and I just had our 6th anniversary earlier this month. but we are actually going to celebrate tomorrow. My Mom is taking Ashlyn for 2 whole nights. This will be the first time that I have been alone over night with Scott since Ashlyn was born!!! (I have only been away from her 2 nights when I was in the hospital). I'm very excited to spend some adult alone time with my hubby... but, I'm sure I'm gonna be going crazy for my baby girl. She will be having so much fun with Grandma that she probably won't even notice we're gone. I'll post an update with pics of our "getaway" when we get home.

My Mom and I have started walking early in the mornings- we are really getting into it. My cousin and her were walking- but she is 8 1/2 months pregnant, and the baby dropped right onto her sciata nerve and she is basically on bed rest now, so, she won't be walking until the little guy makes his arrival. Sometimes my sis-in-law walks with us too. When we are not in a hurry we walk to get a special treat at Starbucks... hello Pumpkin scones and frappuccinos... gosh, I love fall! haha :) yummy!!!

I'm enjoying so much being back in Vegas. I think Utah was really making me go downhill. I started to wonder if you could suffer from post partum depression after y0ur child was over a year old- now I'm pretty sure it was just being in the place we were- away from family and going through a really difficult time. So, luckily things have been getting much better in that situation.

I also want to say to Emily- I'm so glad I ran into you at Target- we definately have to get together sometime soon! I'm embarassed at how hideous me and Ashlyn looked. I hate leaving the house without having her hair done and looking all cute- for that very reason. I KNOW I will run into someone. BUT, go figure Scott got her ready then she fell asleep in her car seat so she looked a little scraggly- and I didn't even have make up on. EWWWW! oh well. It was good to see you anyway. Rebecca is a little cutie!

2 comments:

Emily B said...

I was so happy to see you too! Does Ashlyn like McDonald's, or is she still a little small for it? My kids love it when we go there, so we really should plan a trip.

Liz Prisbrey said...

I'm so glad you're back in Vegas and happy! It really helps things in general. I agree though, I hate going out with Claire when she isn't done up. That is when you always see people. It never happens ANY other time. We should really get together one afternoon for lunch while I just have Claire.