So, I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions this past week.
My Uncle passed away last Friday. R.I.P. Michael Ray Arnold...
I'm so sad he was young... 42. That doesn't seem old enough to die. My Dad is 10 years older than him, I feel guilty, but I keep thinking, thank God it wasn't my Dad. My Uncle has been battling cancer for over a year now- why is it that some people are really healthy and some are sick? Why does God decide such different lives for people? It's all so overwhelming. This explains my sadness...
On the other hand, I'll be leaving for Vegas in a few hours- and am really happy to see my family. I'll get to see basically all of my Dad's family- whom we usually only see on holidays. I have cousins, aunts, uncles coming from out of town. It will be the first time most of them get to meet my daughter.
Why is is that it takes such a monumental event such as a death for people to get together and remind eachother that they love them? It is silly. We all have perfectly good times that we should be sharing with eachother. Not waiting for the bad ones. I don't know- I guess I'm just a little scared to go- for the finality aspect of it. When I'm home in Cedar, it doesn't feel like I will really not see him again. It doesn't seem real that my cousins don't have a Dad anymore. When I see them... when I don't see him... when we share tears... memories... hugs, then it will be all too real. I am sad, it just doesn't seem fair. I know God has a plan- and right now I can't see the whole picture, but, it's just hard sometimes to accept that.
I'm sure it will be a great party- that is the way he wanted it-
In Loving Memory Uncle Mike
2 months ago

2 comments:
I am so sorry for your families loss. I know all too well what is going on for your guys right now. Believe it or not, being with the family will make it real, but it will also comfort you a lot. We felt the most at peace with everything that happened when we were together. I guess that's why we have family. And you know, I think we are all given what we can handle. Is it fair that your Uncle had cancer? No. But he was probably just strong enough to handle it. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. :-)
I'm sorry about your uncle, Christa. It is sad that most extended families don't get together unless someone dies or someone gets married. That's how our family is. We should be enjoying eachother while we're all still here.
Post a Comment