Monday, October 27, 2008

the Memorial

My Uncle's memorial was great (in case anyone is interested). He wanted no services, just a big party in his honor. So, that's what we did. I got to Vegas Thurs night and My Mom and I went shopping for all the food- we cooked all day Friday, and friday night my cousin came over and we made a photo board. The party was Saturday. It was great- there was over 50 people that came. It was nice to see so many people that loved my Uncle- people from his softball team, work, that he played golf with, and of course the family. It was the first time a lot of them met my daughter- so that was nice. It was a beautiful day outside, perfect weather- no wind. We released balloons in his honor- it was beautiful. They all went up together- straight up. We were able to watch them float up in a huge cluster, almost like they were being delivered to him in heaven. We read a poem and everyone cried- it was nice. I think it was the perfect thing to do for him. I tried to post some pics, but the computer is fighting me right now- so, I'll try again later.

1 comment:

Liz Prisbrey said...

That sounds really cool! What a great way to honor someone. I'm glad that the weekend was filled with loved ones. :-)