Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm pleased to introduce the newest miracle in our family
Reagan Hailey Winans
born June 18, 2012 at 2:25pm. Weighing 7 lb 2 oz, and measuring 19.5 inches long.
We had a scheduled C-section and everything thankfully went very smooth. The Lord was definately there big time- calming me down. Everytime I looked around the room and really thought about what was happening- I started to get so overwhelmed- but, I knew we were in good hands and the Lord had brought us this far, he wouldn't leave us stranded now.
Our beautiful daughter is definately in a league of her own. She has not been a "typical newborn" to say the least. A few examples- she literally came out of the womb with a FULL set of lungs- no cute, sweet little quiet newborn cry- it was full blown wails. She REFUSES to be swaddled- most new babies love that feeling being bundled up- The 2nd night at home I actually watched her escape the blanket to get both arms out of the collar of her sleeper- the blanket was still swaddled, but here is my little escapee with both arms and her cute little head poking right out of the top. She is so strong- she was lifting her head up and looking around while we were still in the hospital- something you usually don't see babies do until weeks after they are at home. She did it within hours. The first night in her crib- she did half a roll over to her side- I was of course panicked because they are supposed to just lay there how you put them at first right?! Here we are first night at home having to use rolled up blankets to create little speed bumps that hold her into place for us. OMG- this kid is on another level.



I am So very in love with her though. She has held true to the nickname that we chose before she was born- OWL. She sleeps during the day and loves to be awake at night. As soon as it gets dark- her eyes are wide as saucers.
She is an amazing gift and I vow to do my best to be a good mother to her- and Ashlyn.

1 comment:

Emily B said...

She's beauitful, Christa. Congratulations!!