Ashlyn is turning 4 years old!! HOLY CRAP, where does the time go??? I swear just yesterday it was Jan 19, 2008 my due date- and I was feeling like, this kid is NEVER going to come out! I'm going to be pregnant forever! Of course she had to do it on her own schedule. The minute I laid down that night to go to sleep, the contractions started... awww she even had a little attitude before she was born!
My life has changed so dramatically in these past 4 years, honestly I don't remember the person I was before I was a Mom... And quite frankly- I like it. My whole life I wanted that- in school growing up when people asked what to be when you grow up, I always said a Wife and a Mom.
When Ashlyn was born- I truly felt like I found my purpose here. I have enjoyed ever second of watching her grow up these 4 years. She is the spunkiest little firecracker. She makes me so proud. Of course there are the times when her constant talking makes me a "psycho head" as she likes to call me. But, I have had more laughs and tears of joy as a direct result of her than I ever dreamed possible.
She is the best gift that I've ever been given and I will do my best to raise her the way that God wants me to- no matter how hard of a struggle it will be at times.
I am really thankful that we've had 4 years of just her (even though I've wanted to be pregnant again for so long) after it happened, God spoke to me and told me that since for Scott and I it is such a struggle- we have been blessed with so much alone time with her. So many memories that we've created as a family of 3. She has got so much more attention then she would have if we'd got pregnant right away and had another baby already. (sometimes I know all the attention is prob not a great thing, but it is what it is).
I still love to watch her sleep- I get nervous and check on her during the night while she sleeps. I love that I can have a totally normal conversation with her and she understands everything. She can write most of her letters and numbers and she knows how to write and spell all our names. I love when she draws pictures you know its a girl because there is eyelashes and curly hair, and guys have just a little hair on top. She draws butterflies which we relate to my grandma, and ladybugs because she knows how important they are to me. She loves to sing and dance. She is 40 lbs. She is 40 inches tall. She loves having sleepovers with Vram. She always kisses my belly and says how cute the baby is (even though she doesn't know what she looks like yet). She loves to watch movies- Veggie Tales and pretty much all Disneys. Cinderella is still her favorite princess. Her favorite colors are green and pink. She goes to preschool 2 days a week and loves it. She is in gymnastics. I love that I can turn on the Christian radio station and she will sing along with me to the songs. She is the most amazing little creature- that isn't so little anymore. She now tells me I can do it myself Mom. I don't need help, and a lot of the times she doesn't. But, to me, she will always be my little girl. I will always remember the first time that I got to hold her in my arms, when they brought her into my hospital room and she had a tiny little pink bow stuck to her head.
On January 20, 2008 I fell in love.... and today that love has grown even more than I thought possible.
Happy Birthday Ladybug. Mommy loves you sweetheart!!! xoxoxoxo
2 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment