Thursday, February 10, 2011

letter of comfort

Dream dated 2/3/11…

We are in an outdoor area- like a meadow, having a funeral for Grandma. There were big huge trees, lots of grass- flowers, clean air. The casket is being lowered into the ground.

There are probably over a hundred people there to support our family and pay their respects to Gram. We are all crying and hugging eachother- but it feels happy and grateful not sad. I notice my old friend from 7th grade Brittan is there and even in the dream I point out to Mom how strange it is that she's there.

Cuts to me walking through some building (similar to a dept store), I know where to go by looking down at the tile floor aisle walkway. I see people off to both sides. I'm walking with my head down kind of sad since it was just after Grandma's funeral. I hear an announcement over a loudspeaker or PA system. "… will Donna- Frank's child…" I just heard that phrase out of what the woman was saying and giggled to myself thinking- Grandpa Frank has a daughter (in law) named Donna. How ironic and weird is that. Ha ha. I look up and about 15 feet ahead on the left side of this walkway I see a man standing talking to someone- he looks like Grandpa Frank. I'm still walking forward and squinting my eyes- is it… it IS Grandpa Frank! I start to run toward him, he looks over and notices me running and smiles. He is telling this person in a red shirt- "Better late than never, better late than never". He turns to me and says "well Hi there". I hug him and kiss him. I can't believe what I'm seeing. I know that he's been gone for years- but he is really there. I'm crying asking him if Grandma is ok… Did she make it safe… is she with him in heaven?

He extends his right arm out to the person in the red shirt. It's Grandma Edna! OMG! I didn't recognize her- she was taller than me. Much heavier and healthier than she was the last time I'd seen her when she passed away. Her body was restored. She stood up straight and she wasn't in pain. Her back was not hunched over at all. She never said a word. But she was smiling the whole time. She hugged me and I knew it was her. I told her how much everyone was already missing her- how much we all loved her. How our hearts were breaking that she was gone.

Her and Grandpa turned to leave. They walked ahead hand in hand and turned around to wave goodbye. Both of them were smiling still. They pressed the button and were waiting for the elevator doors to open. Grandpa turns around and shouts to me, "Wait- Who are you?" my heart immediately sinks a little bit, and as I start to answer- he smiles again and starts singing to me, "My sweet Valentine, my sweet sweet Valentine."

I am frantically searching for Mom- to tell her what has just happened. I'm running down the walkway calling for her. To the right I notice Marie and Nancy are standing there talking- I tell them, "Look look- Frank is here- he's right over there- he's getting on the elevator. I tell Nancy- he said better late than never… "

Next the dream cuts to inside an elevator that has doors on both ends-

I'm there with Mom, Barb, Lin, and Diana. I'm shaking with anxiousness to tell them that I got to see Grandma and Grandpa. Every single time I try to start the telling story, the elevator freaks out. The doors open randomly, its shaking, a loud noise like a foghorn blows. But it only happens as I start to speak. I'm getting so frustrated because I just want to tell them the story. I stomp my feet as hard as I can and I yell "Dammit Satan, I command you to STOP in the name of Jesus!" Immediately after I do this the shaking stops- the bell dings and the doors on the far end open. We all walk out of the doors and they open directly onto a deck or patio outside. I can see mountains, trees, and flowers. The sun is shining, it feels so peaceful. The view is beautiful. There are butterflies fluttering, birds chirping.

I recite to them everything that just happened- starting with where I'm walking with my head down- all the way up to Grandpa singing the word Valentine.

I immediately woke up at the end of the word valentine. I sat right up in bed and felt complete peace and joy in my heart. I came out to the living room- debating if I should call Mom and tell her right now. Ultimately deciding not to wake her up in the middle of the night. I scribble down the dream on a notepad- not wanting to forget a single detail. After feeling like I got all the details recorded- I looked up to put the time and date on the paper.

2:07AM on Feb 3rd 2011……. It's been exactly one month (to the day) since Grandma has passed away.

4 comments:

Katie said...

OMG that gave me cold chills. That is an amazing dream.
HUGS
Katie

Emily B said...

This is a beautiful dream, Christa. I'm glad it's given you comfort because it sounds like that's exactly why you had it.

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing how God works in such glorious ways!

Christa said...

God's works are indeed glorious! Amen to that!