So- I haven't kept up lately because we've had a few things going on around here...
I will post pics soon- but, we have moved!!! Yay :)
We are next door to my parent's which is awesome- but, we are in our OWN space again. It can only last so long staying in someone's guest room for months as a family... if you catch my drift ;)
I have been unpacking our house 1 room at a time. I have to be so careful with my crippled back so I don't re-injur it. We DEF can't afford for me to need surgery again. So, its taken a little extra time getting the house set up and our stuff unpacked. It is just crazy to see how much stuff we have- and haven't even missed for the past 9 months. Why do we have so much junk?! Well- we don't actually have quite as much now, we have given away 7 boxes of clothing. 2 garbage bags of shoes. Kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, extra linens, so many other things, I can't even keep track anymore. But, it has brought a whole new meaning to "Spring Cleaning". We not only spring cleaned our house and stuff, but our life as well. Yesterday was really the first day that I felt truly at home and so happy again. My Mom and I walked over 2 miles early in the morning. Scott had the day off of work- so he was outside doing yardwork, I baked homemade banana cookies with Ashlyn, we went grocery shopping as a family. Came home and had my brother and wife and my parents over for dinner... at OUR house. Sitting around the table last night- all 7 of us, made me so grateful for the obstacles we've tackled this past year as a family. We wouldn't have made it without them. My Mom has been my biggest supporter throughout all of this. She and my Dad have reminded me daily that God is in control! He knew about this thousands of years ago, and he will bring us through it according to his will and timing. Its so hard to trust and remember that when it feels like your world is literally crumbling down all around you. But, in the end- we are victorious!! We have slowly gotten back on our feet and we are much stronger now- on the flipside! Thank you to all my friends who have listened to me whine and cry and play my pity violin- It helps to get it out- one way or another. Thank you.
2 months ago

3 comments:
I always wonder what kind of things I am hording in my house that we really don't need or use very often. It's amazing just how little we can live on. I'm so glad you guys have some space for your little family! It really is needed. Even though I know you are close with all your family, you, Scott, and Ashlyn need that time together. Also, you are going to have to post that Banana Cookie recipe. Those look yummy!! I'm not one to make banana bread, but I am a HUGE cookie lover!
And...... I noticed your weight loss chart on the right! Go you!!! I am so impressed! I gained 70 pounds with my first baby and was only able to get 50 off. Then I carried around that same extra weight with my second baby until he was about 9 months old when I realized I couldn't take it anymore. So in '05 is when I started my big weight loss challenge. I lost 40 pounds and was able to keep it off until I got pregnant with Claire. I still gained a lot with her but I knew how to get it off quickly this time and I knew I didn't want to hang on to it again. Keep it up! You are doing great!! You are doing it the healthy way that sticks! :-)
Okay, I think I wrote you a novel.
Liz- thank you for the novel... Much appreciated- since I have told you before that I usually feel you're the only person who reads it! lol.
I will message you the banana cookie recipe- they were sooo yummy!
What the heck Christa, I totally read your blog!!!! :) I am so happy for you and your cute little family to finally have some space of your own. Been there..done that. I am so glad that life is calming down a little for you guys it has been a rough few months, but Our Heavenly Father is ALWAYS there for you and I am so glad you know that because it makes it way easier to get through.
Congrats on the weight loss, I am on that same journey right now. Kids really do put a damper on that whole hot body thing huh???
Post a Comment