So, I saw the Dr today- I had to wait 3 hours to be seen... but, I finally made it back to see him- he gave me a full release- he said that I'm free to live a normal life. BUT- I have to "calculate every movement from now on" I am allowed to pick up Ashlyn.... YAY! She doesn't know what to think about it. I ask if she needs her diaper changed or a nap and she runs to Daddy with her hands lifted up- he keeps telling her, no, go to Mommy she'll pick you up. If I start walking down the hall while this is going on- she starts screaming and pulling on his pant leg. She's afraid I'll get away and Daddy won't go fast enough to get where I am. Its cute, but sad :( that means she really DOES know whats going on- and she's missed me holding her. She does similar things when she is in the bath. If I say ok, time to get out- stand up, she cries Da-Da... (sob sob) Da Da and reaches her hands up squeezing. She knows Mommy hasn't been able to get her out of the tub for the past couple months. I'm sorry baby girl.
It's been a hard long road, but I think I'm almost to the finish line with this situation. Hallelujah!
2 months ago

3 comments:
How sad that you couldn't pick her up for MONTHS. I'm glad she is happy to be back in your arms. Have fun in Minnesota. I think getting away will be a good thing for your family right now. And I'm sorry we haven't gotten back to you about a job. Kevin's company is laying people off more than they've been hiring lately.
That would be so rough not to be able to pick up your baby girl! At least it's over and kids are very forgiving. In a week, she'll never remember you couldn't pick her up for a while. I'm glad you are doing better.
I hope Scott is able to find a job here and that things pick up for you guys. It seems like you've had nothing but bad luck this year. It can't last forever.
HALLELUJAH is right!! It's wierd after you've been restricted from doing "normal" things how it will change you forever! I bet you'll never take your health for granted again.
Post a Comment