Sunday, August 24, 2008

picture perfect

So, to wrap up my Vegas trip we took Ashlyn to get her pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids. As you probably know- we don't have many options in Cedar City for cute baby pictures- anyway, here are a few of them. She was so cute- pouty at first then opened up and cut loose with the smiles and grins.

That week with my Mom, was truly the funnest time I've had with her. We just spent such good time together and had fun, we scrapbooked and swam. I will always remember spending this time with her while Ashlyn is little. I look forward to many more visits like this in the future.
(Sorry I didn't call Emily- time just flew by and before I knew it, it was already over. )
Scott came to pick us up on Friday and I guess Ashlyn missed him so much- she said "Oh Daddy" we think it was actually by accident, but the next day she started to say "da da da" for hours on end.
So... the next update is we are staying in Cedar. We had our house up for sale since April and decided that we will stay here after all. It is, we feel, a better place to try and raise Ashlyn then Vegas (there is coo-coos everywhere though). Scott's Mom is searching for a job here and if she is successful in finding something; she will be moving in with us for awhile. We would really love to have her around. Luckily we get along really well! If she comes, we'll be finishing up the basement so she'll have her own space here.
And unfortunately I hurt my back again :(
I have literally not been able to get out of bed since Tuesday. Try watchin a 7 month old who crawls around and gets into everything while not being able to pick her up off the ground. AGH! Scott was so scared to leave us home alone- I know he was just going crazy everyday. He must have called to check up on us 4 times per day (not to mention coming home at lunch to check on us in person too). That is also why I haven't posted in awhile- I couldnt sit up to get on the computer. I've barely been able to lay in bed with it next to me for a minute to check emails. This time it was WAY worse than before, I'm still having a lot of trouble moving around- I'm in a retarted back brace (real sexy! LOL) and I had to go see a chiropractor. At least today I can squat down and pick the baby up- I'm trying to take things nice and slow- I really don't want this to become an event that happens all the time.
So, that is my update for now~

4 comments:

Liz Prisbrey said...

Her pictures turned out really cute!

I wish I could move to Cedar. You are lucky! My boys are more of the outdoors type. But hang in there with the coo-coos, we're pretty coo-coo here too! Dang Mormons! :-)

Liz Prisbrey said...

Oh yeah, I hope your back gets feeling better. I don't know how your managing!

Kellie and Stephen said...

Hope your back feels better soon, I couldn't imagine a 7 month old and no way to pick them up!

Emily B said...

I also hope your back is better. We'll be coming up Friday, and the rest of my family won't be up until Saturday. So I'll call you and see if we can stop by.