Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Ok, so I'm late... by a couple weeks- sorry :(

This 4th was so much fun. I got the best surprise... my brother Steven came to visit from New York! Obviously it's great to see him, but it was even more special because it was the first time he got to meet his niece. I was so bummed that he wouldn't get to see her until Christmas, good Lord she'd be almost a year. Think of how much he would have missed by then!


My whole family came to Cedar- they do every year to celebrate the July birthdays in our family, but this year they came over the holiday weekend so my cousin Jimmy and his wife would be here (and of course the surprise of Steven too!) We had a full house- My Mom, Dad, Justin and Regina, Steven, and Scott, Ashlyn and me.


Friday we went over to my Grandpa's house and the WHOLE crew was there: Papa, Grandma, Barb & fam, Linda & fam and us. We came home and watched the neighbors light their fireworks off... until the city's show started. We went out on the deck and watched, surprisingly Enoch actually had a pretty good show. Ashlyn fell asleep during them, maybe next year she will be more interested.
Saturday we had a huge picnic in town- we played volleyball and b-b-q'd. It was nice to be with the whole family. There was a little drama with some people who didn't appreciate the fact that we had rented the volleyball court- but it all worked itself out. We came home after and all watched a movie.
Sunday everyone left, and I balled my head off (as usual). Then we were back to an empty, quiet house (except for the occasional crying from the baby).

1 comment:

Emily B said...

Look at your cute mom who looks exactly the same. And I can't believe how big your brothers are. I just always think they stay the same age forever. My parents are moving to New Harmony in the near future, so we'll be spending more time near where you live. I'll have to call you whenever we are up there.