Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"weightys"

Ok so this is my last week of my initial sign up into weight watchers... or "weightys" as we call it in my family.
In the 1st meeting they set for me a 5% and a 10% goal. Because just by reducing your weight 10% it lowers your risk for heart problems, diabetes, etc. Well- I hit my 5% goal on week 3... it has taken me a little longer to hit the 10. But, I'm very much working and hoping to hit it this week. I have 1.2 lbs to go. I feel that would be a huge accomplishment for me. Breaking it down it would mean that I lost 10% in 10 weeks. An average of 1% per week. I think that is pretty dang good. I mean its a percent, not a pound. So anyway I feel that is what will make me feel like I did it!
Let's just set aside the bad news that I really need to lose like 50 more lbs right now and focus on what is right in front of me. I will be weighing in Wednesday or Thursday (depending on my schedule) so... I will keep you posted.
Keep your fingers crossed for me. Maybe I'll even post a before and after pic... hmmm.... we'll see ;)

No comments: